Children are the future of a nation. For an emerging country like India, development of underprivileged children holds the key to the progress of the nation itself, and their education is the cornerstone of this progress. But education for children cannot be achieved without ensuring the welfare of the family – a child can go to school regularly only when the family, particularly the mother is healthy and empowered; the family has decent livelihood opportunities and a steady income.
Realizing this, Daksh Foundation, beginning in the corridors of education, has adopted a lifecycle approach with intensive programmes focused on family health, livelihood and women empowerment, which address the needs of children, their families and the larger community.
Addressing the areas of education of children, healthcare to the poor, livelihood for the youth and empowerment for women, Daksh Foundation has evolved as an Education NGO, Livelihood NGO, Medical NGO, as well as NGO for Women Empowerment.
Key Activities of the organization:
- Formal and non-formal education, adult education
- Coaching Programme for preparation of Competitive Exams- UPSC, IPS/IAS, MPPSC, SSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways, MP Patwari, CPCT, etc.
- Coaching Programme for preparation of Entrance Exams- IIT-JEE Mains & Advance, NEET/AIPMT, CA, CS, MBA Entrance, CLAT, etc.
- Scholarships for girls, merit scholarships and technical education for boys
- Distance education
- Girl child education
- Digital literacy / computer education
- Pulse polio programme
- Healthcare centres and hospitals
- Mobile clinics — doctors’ visits
- General and multi-specialty medical camps, cleft lips
- Reproductive and child health care, supplementary nutrition / mid-day meal projects
- Safe drinking water, sanitation — household toilets, community hospitals
- HIV / AIDS, cancer, TB awareness and prevention camps
- Blood donation
- Responsible parenting
- Self-help groups (microfinance for women and farmers)
- Integrated agriculture development
- Integrated livestock development
- Watershed management
- Microenterprise development
- Skill development / vocational training
- Cognitive Skills
- Technical Skills
- Inter Personal Skills
- Vocational Skills
- Widow re-marriage / dowry-less mass marriages
- Social security (insurance)
- Culture and sports
- Women empowerment
- Community centres
- Schools in villages
- Homes for the homeless
- Rural electrification
- Irrigation and water storage structures